Has an advertisement for a product you love or place you visit ever popped on your screen making you wonder if you’re being watched? It is no secret that Google knows a lot about what you do. With location reporting, Google can track your whereabouts even when you turn off Location History in your account settings.
According to an Associated Press report, many Google services on Android devices and iPhones store your location data regardless of whether you’ve opted out of its tracking services. This brings up serious privacy concerns for the users, but the good news is there’s a way to turn off all location tracking completely.
Here are the steps to stop Google from tracking your whereabouts:
1. Go to myactivity.google.com under your Google account.
2. Under Personal Info & Privacy, click Manage Your Google activity.
3. Click “Go to Activity Controls.”
4. Tap ‘Location History’ and turn it off by sliding the button to the left, so it changes to gray.
5. When the second screen appears, hit “Pause.”
6. Scroll up to “Web & App Activity” and turn it off by sliding the button left, so it becomes gray.
7. Once you land on the second screen again, hit “Pause,” and you’re all set.
You need to do more than simply turn off your Location History to keep Google from tracking your location. By pausing web activity, it’ll prevent all Google services from storing information generated by searches and other activity. These changes apply to all devices logged in to your Google account meaning you don’t need to go to your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to adjust your settings.
Talk to the professionals at JK Premier Marketing to learn more about Google tracking.